Includes free Premier+ 2 Ultra software (worth £1,399) and free Madeira embroidery thread chest (worth £325)
Husqvarna Viking Designer Brilliance 80 embroidery and sewing machine features advance technology to make both your embroidery and sewing a joy.
Large Display With Capacitive Touch
The Husqvarna Designer Brilliance 80 features a large (7 inch, 154mm x 86 mm), high resolution (1024 x 600 pixels) full-color capacitive touch screen. It's easy to navigate through various screens using multi-touch gestures and features a smart toolbox for easy editing; one touch access to the most used tools. Drag and drop on screen, zoom, rotate, pinch, swipe and spread, just like on any tablet or smartphone.
JoyOS Advisor Feature
An extended Sewing Advisor feature with on-screen tutorials, sewing projects, step-by-step instructions and sewing techniques. Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS ADVISOR feature will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension/portioning and presser foot pressure for the technique you’ve chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
- Interactive tutorials - Learn how to sew different techniques like zippers, collars, hems etc. The Husqvarna Viking Designer Brilliance 80 machine guides you all the way and sets everything for you.
- Stitch and embroidery techniques – All the exclusive Husqvarna Viking techniques are shown with step by step instructions, including animations and illustrations.
- Sewing instructions – Want to learn a new project or technique? The Designer Brilliance 80 machine has instructions for sewing new projects and techniques built-in with a section dedicated to quilting.
- Stabilizer guide – The perfect tool when choosing the right stabilizer for your project.
- Quick help – Touch any stitch, icon or function to see its name and description.
- The complete user’s guide is built into your machine, everything you want to know on screen and searchable.
mySewnet cloud allows easy access to embroideries from multiple devices, including your computer, tablet or Designer Brilliance 80 machine. Your designs are synchronized and available whenever you need them via WiFi. The free app - mySewMonitor - provides you with real time updates on the status of your embroidery even when you’re away from your Designer Brilliance 80 machine.
- Wifi connectivity – Get access to the mySewnet universe and have machine updates sent automatically.
- Personal cloud – Free mySewnet account with ability to share designs between devices.
- Transfer designs – Store and wirelessly transfer designs from any location to your machine.
- mySewnet BLOG – Get tips, hints, projects, and news sent directly to your machine screen automatically.
- Husqvarna Viking Apps – Several free apps are available for both Android and iOS including: mySewMonitor, QuickDesign, JoyOS ADVISOR.
Generous Embroidery Area
- Three embroidery hoops included: (Designer Splendid Square Hoop 120x120, Designer Crown Hoop 260x200, Designer Royal Hoop 360x200).
- Several optional hoops available for special techniques like endless embroideries, quilting, textured embroideries and much more.
- You can create and embroider larger than life designs up to 360x350mm without re-hooping using the optional Designer Majestic Hoop.
Large Number Of Built-In Embroidery Designs
- Over 565 embroidery designs, incorporating 30 specialty techniques.
- Categories for easy selection.
- 5 embroidery fonts, each in different sizes, from 10 to 80mm.
- Hoop and re-hoop with confidence. Place and match your embroideries with this superior placement feature.
- Place your embroideries exactly where you want without templates.
- Join your embroideries with stitch point accuracy.
Embroidery Design Customizing
- Personalize your embroideries right on the screen.
- Add multiple designs, and align them with guidelines
- Rotate, mirror, scale, move
- Edit colors
- Group and ungroup designs
- Change stitch out order
- Color block sort
- Color block merge
High Embroidery Speed
The perfect time-saver for every embroidery. Up to 1000 stitches per minute with optimum results.
If you lose power or need to stop embroidering/sewing, all adjustments are automatically saved.
- The Designer Brilliance 80 machine will automatically save and remember all edits in your current work if interrupted.
- Choose to manually save whenever you want.
Automatic Jump Stitch Trim
- Eliminate trimming time as you create beautiful embroideries.
- Jump stitches are cut automatically and thread tails pulled to the back.
- Automatic thread cutter cuts the top thread at each color change.
- Create unlimited new embroideries using any stitch and/or embroidery.
- Choose from 10 different shapes.
- Customize spacing, angle, rotation and line justification for even more creativity.
- Combination Repeat function for inserting multiple elements.
- Create appliqués right on the screen in your machine, no extra software required.
- Choose from 45 different shapes – all built-in, such as: heart, flower, letters and more.
- Finish your appliqué with one of six different stitch options.
Use basting to secure the fabric without hooping. Perfect for embroidering on delicate or stretchy fabric. Choose between baste around design or baste around hoop area.
Embroider Buttonholes And Decorative Stitches In The Hoop
- Expand your creativity by combining any of the built-in stitches for endless design opportunities.
- Embroider perfectly placed buttonholes on your project.
- Create new design combinations using any of your decorative stitches.
Tapering In The Hoop
Automatically create mitered corners and beautiful angled effects using decorative stitches. Choose from 32 stitches with several angle options.
USB port allows for transfer of designs and updates. For your convenience, the Designer Brilliance 80 machine also reads the most popular design formats.
Machine Software Download
Download the software to enhance the use of your Designer Brilliance 80 sewing and embroidery machine. Adding the following features:
- mySewnet cloud communication module allows you to connect the machine to your computer via WiFi.
- Windows Explorer Plug-in gives you the ability to view designs as thumbnail images, reading different embroidery file formats, add trim commands and more.
- Create and add embroidery fonts to your machine using any TrueType font on your computer with the QuickFont program.
deLuxe Stitch System
- Less time and effort spent on machine adjustments with high quality results regardless of fabric and thread type.
- Perfect for metallic or other specialty threads. Gorgeous stitch results on both sides of the fabric.
- Thread Portioning feeds the optimum amount of thread for each stitch, no matter what thread type or fabric thickness, when sewing or embroidering.
- Choose between Thread Portioning or Thread Tension for specific techniques/accessories.
Exclusive Stitch Techniques
Husqvarna Viking world class unique stitches for more creative opportunities: Sequin Stitches, Pop-Up Stitches, Appliqué Stitches, plus Theme Stitches. Create Dimensional Stitches by adding fabric or sequins for a unique decorative and textured effect; both vertically and horizontally. Theme Stitches allow you to select a group of 4 stitches of the same theme and switch stitching between those 4 for a cohesive look.
Exclusive Sensor System Feature
- Automatically and continuously senses and adjusts to any thickness of fabric for perfect, even feeding as you sew.
- Sensor Foot Lift - Presser foot lowers and raises automatically for every sewing technique. Four positions: down, pivot, up and extra lift.
- Automatically lowers feed teeth on extra lift for maximum space to slide thick fabrics and quilts under the foot easily.
- Sensor Foot Pivot - Automatic float position with needle down for instant pivoting, easy appliqué and quilting. Your hands are free to guide the fabric.
- Sensor Foot Pressure - The presser foot continuously senses the thickness of the fabric and automatically adjusts the presser foot pressure, for even feeding on all fabric types.
Electronic Needle Piercing Power
- Stitch through heavy fabrics or several layers without hesitation.
- Pulsating force gives superior results when sewing through heavy/dense fabrics or multiple layers.
- Maximum needle force 150 NWT.
Large Sewing Surface
- Sew large quilts, home dec projects and garments easily.
- Long free arm for ease of sewing, nearly 10" (250mm) work area.
Extensive Selection Of Built-In Stitches
- Creative opportunities are plentiful.
- Over 550 stitches, up to 54mm wide.
- 19 categories for easy selection.
- Exclusive patented stitch techniques.
- 5 sewing alphabets, with both upper and lower case letters, for easy programming.
Interchangeable Dual Feed Included
- No matter what type of fabric, it has never been easier to keep your fabrics in place while sewing.
- The Interchangeable Dual Feed Foot with changeable presser feet is designed to feed layers of fabric and/or batting evenly.
- It is perfect for quilting, sewing velvet, stretch fabrics, leather and fabrics that need precise pattern matching.
- All your necessary functions at your command with the touch of a button.
- Needle Up/Down
- Automatic Thread Cutter
Perfectly Balanced Buttonholes
- The Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot automatically sews perfect one-step buttonholes every time.
- Sews both sides of the buttonhole in the same direction for evenly balanced buttonholes.
- 11 buttonhole styles designed for various sewing applications.
- Move stitches to sew exactly where you wish.
- Possible to change complete stitch position for all stitches with less than 7 mm stitch width.
Straight Stitch Plate And Sensor
- The perfect aid for straight stitch sewing with any straight stitch accessory.
- Attach the Straight Stitch Plate and the machine sensor alerts you if you select any stitch other than a straight stitch.
- No need to worry about damaging needles anymore.
Two Free-Motion Settings
- Choose the one most convenient for you.
- Free-motion spring action
- Free-motion floating
29 Needle Positions
Sews a straight stitch in 29 different needle positions for perfect topstitching, edge stitching, under stitching, stitching-in-the-ditch or quilting.
The Designer Brilliance 80 automatically sets the ideal feed balance when stitching forwards and backwards, so your decorative stitching comes out perfect every time.
Led Light Illuminated Workspace
Designed to give even light across the entire work area. Created using LED technology and light guides provide excellent lighting on your work area. See fabric and stitches in true color and with less shadows.
Bobbin Winding Through Needle
For timesaving and convenient bobbin winding includes a separate bobbin winding motor.
Inch/Cm Ruler On The Base Plate
Convenient measuring right there on your Designer Brilliance 80 sewing and embroidery machine.
What's in the Box?
- Husqvarna Viking Designer Brilliance 80 embroidery and sewing machine
- Embroidery unit
- Foot controller
- Instruction manual
- Designer Brilliance 80 sampler book
- Designer Royal Hoop (360mm x 200mm)
- Designer Crown Hoop (260mm x 200mm)
- Designer Splendid Square Hoop (120mm x 120mm)
- Utility foot
- Decorative stitch foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Blindhem foot
- Zipper foot
- Non-stick glide foot
- Edging foot
- Quilters 1/4" piecing foot
- Sensor q-foot
- Embroidery/darning foot
- Side-motion foot
- Sensor one-step buttonhole foot
- Self-adhesive glide plates
- Interchangeable dual feed foot
- 2 x thread nets
- Seam ripper
- Edge / quilting guides
- 2 x felt pad
- 4 x spool caps (1 x small, 1 x medium, 2 x large)
- 11 x bobbins
- 16 x hoop clips
- Multipurpose tool / button reed
- Straight stitch plate
- Hard cover for machine
- Luggage style carrying bag with packing insert for embroidery unit
- Embroidery thread
- Pieces of fabric and stabilizer
- Microfiber cloth
When you buy the Husqvarna Viking Designer Brilliance 80 embroidery machine from Sew Essential, you are covered by our comprehensive 5 year warranty.
In the unlikely event your sewing machine develops a fault, we will arrange for collection, repair and re-delivery of your machine for the duration of the warranty period. Please click here for full details of our comprehensive sewing machine warranty.
Need More Information?
Our friendly expert team love talking sewing machines and are here to give you complete confidence in your purchase. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us on 01283 210422.
Why Not Visit Us for a Demonstration?
We also love nothing more than demonstrating our machines - why not pop into our East Midlands showroom and try before you buy? Please call 01283 210422 to book an appointment.
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.