The Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q is the ultimate sewing machine, be it for dressmaking, quilting or home dec projects.
Features and Benefits
JoyOS Advisor Feature
Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS ADVISOR feature will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension /portioning and presser foot pressure for the technique you've chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
- Interactive Tutorials - Learn how to sew different techniques like zips, collars, hems etc. The Epic 980Q sewing machine guides you all the way and sets everything for you.
- Stitch Techniques - All the exclusive Husqvarna Viking techniques are shown with step by step instructions, including animations and / or illustrations.
- Quick Help - Touch any stitch, icon or function to see its name and description.
- The Complete User's Guide is right there in your machine, everything you want to know on screen.
Large Working Area
There are no limits to your larger than life projects, quilts home dec projects or fashion.
- Large sewing area, more than 12" x 5 1/2" (310x140mm) work area.
- The design of the sewing head gives great visibility when sewing.
- Tall needle area height, 3" (77mm), for easier access when changing presser foot or needle.
Exclusive Stitch Techniques
Husqvarna Viking world class unique stitches for more creative opportunities. "Sequin stitches", "Theme stitches" plus Dimensional stitches.
- Create Dimensional Stitches by adding fabric or sequins for a unique decorative and textured effect; both vertically and horizontally.
- With the Theme Stitches you can randomly select from different stitches in the same family.
mySewnet - Wifi Connectivity And Apps
mySewnet allows easy access to files from multiple devices, including your computer, tablet or Epic 980Q sewing machine. The files will always be synchronized and available whenever you need them via WiFi.
- Automatic updates
- Free mySewnet account with ability to share content between devices
- Apps available for both Android and iOS
Largest Display With 10.1" Capacitive Touch Screen
Easy to navigate through various screens using multi-touch gestures.
- Large (10.1", 217x136 mm) full-colour capacitive touch screen with 180 degree viewing angle and high resolution (1280x800).
- The user interface delivering optimum intuitive experience. Designed by sewers for sewers.
Fully Automatic Needle Threader
With one touch of a button your needle is threaded and ready to sew.
Illuminated Working Area
Especially developed lighting, designed to give exceptional even light across the entire work area.
- Developed by optronic experts
- Created using revolutionary LED technology and light guide optics
- See fabric and stitches in true colour and without shadows
Exclusive Sensor System Feature
Automatically and continuously senses and adjusts to any thickness of fabric for perfect, even feeding as you sew.
- Sensor Foot Lift – Presser foot lowers and raises automatically for every sewing technique. Four positions: down, pivot, up and extra lift. Automatically lowers feed teeth on extra lift for maximum space to slide thick fabrics and quilts under the foot easily.
- Sensor Foot Pivot – Automatic float position with needle down for instant pivoting, easy appliqué and quilting. Your hands are free to guide the fabric.
- Sensor Foot Pressure – The Presser Foot continuously senses the thickness of the fabric and automatically adjusts the presser foot pressure, for even feeding on all fabric types.
deLuxe Stitch System
Less time and effort spent on machine adjustments with high quality results regardless of fabric and thread type. Perfect for metallic, sliver or other specialty threads. Gorgeous stitch results on both sides of the fabric.
- Thread Portioning feeds the optimum amount of thread for each stitch, no matter what thread type or fabric thickness.
- Choose between Thread Portioning or Thread Tension for specific techniques/accessories.
Electronic Needle Piercing Power
Stitch through heavy fabrics or several layers without hesitation
- Pulsating force gives superior results when sewing through heavy/dense fabrics or multiple layers.
- Maximum needle force 150Nw.
Lightweight One-Piece Aluminium Casting
The lightest machine in its class yet the largest working area.
- Sturdy and quiet
- Less vibrations
Large Bobbin And Bobbin Winding Through Needle
For time saving and convenient bobbin winding.
- Do more sewing before it's time to change your bobbin
- No risk of thread tangling with the placement on the side of the machine
- Separate bobbin winding motor
Extensive Selection Of Built-In Stitches
Endless opportunities to be creative.
- Over 1,000 stitches
- 19 categories for easy selection
- Exclusive patented stitch techniques
- 5 sewing alphabets, with both upper and lower-case letters, for easy programming
New Thread Path With Telescopic Thread Guide
Use larger spools of your favourite thread.
- Easily use all types and sizes of thread spools
- More convenient bobbin winding
Interchangeable Dual Feed Included
No matter what type of fabric, it has never been easier to keep your fabrics in place.
- The Interchangeable Dual Feed with changeable presser feet is designed to feed layers of fabric and/or batting evenly.
- It is perfect for quilting, sewing velvet, stretch fabrics, leather and fabrics that need precise pattern matching.
Sewing FunctionsAll your necessary functions at your command with the touch of a button or program them for your needs.
- Needle Up/Down
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Pattern Restart
Perfectly Balanced Buttonholes
The Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot automatically sews perfect one-step buttonholes every time.
- Sews both sides of the buttonhole in the same direction for evenly balanced buttonholes.
- 11 buttonhole styles and eyelet designed for various sewing applications.
Find the balance setting right there on the screen for easy editing when using special fabric and/or thread.
Straight Stitch Plate And Sensor
The perfect help for straight stitch sewing with any special accessory.
- Attach the Straight Stitch Plate and the machine sensor alerts you if you select any stitch other than a straight stitch.
- No need to worry about damaging needles.
Two Free-Motion Settings
Line up stitches to sew exactly where you want them.
- Possible to change complete stitch position for all stitches with less than 7 mm stitch width.
29 Needle Positions
Sews a straight stitch in 29 different needle positions for perfect topstitching, edge stitching, under stitching, stitching-in-the-ditch or quilting.
Accessory Box With Customised Compartments
Keep all the included accessories close at hand.
- Store your presser feet in alphabetical order
- Straight stitch plate clicks into place
- Slot for Sensor buttonhole foot
Two USB Ports
Two USB ports allow for smooth transfer of files and updates.
Dust free storage for your machine.
Inch / Centimetre Ruler On The Base Plate
Convenient measuring right there on your Epic 980Q sewing machine.
- Ruler up to 19" (48.5cm)
- Button ruler
When you buy the Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q sewing machine from Sew Essential, you are covered by our comprehensive 5 year warranty.
In the unlikely event your sewing machine develops a fault, we will arrange for collection, repair and re-delivery of your machine for the duration of the warranty period. Please click here for full details of our comprehensive sewing machine warranty.
Need More Information?
Our friendly expert team love talking sewing machines and are here to give you complete confidence in your purchase. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us on 01283 210422.
Why Not Visit Us for a Demonstration?
We also love nothing more than demonstrating our machines - why not pop into our East Midlands showroom and try before you buy? Please call 01283 210422 to book an appointment.
|Sewing Machine Type||Computerised|
|Number of Stitch Options||550|
|Number of Alphabets||5|
|Programmable Stitch Combinations||Yes|
|Maximum Stitch Width||9mm|
|Stitch Length Control||Yes|
|Stitch Width Control||Yes|
|Bobbin Type||Top Loading Bobbin|
|Tension Control||Automatic Tension|
|Number of Buttonholes||11|
|Thread Cutter Type||Electronic Thread Cutter|
|Twin Needle Capability||Yes|
|Drop Feed Dog Capability||Yes|
|Reverse Sewing Button||Yes|
|Slide Speed Control||Yes|
|Needle Up / Down Control||Yes|
|Start / Stop Button||Yes|
|Lock Stitch Feature||Yes|
|Adjustable Foot Pressure||Yes|
|Extension Table Included||No|
|Cover Type||Soft Cover|
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.