The Husqvarna Viking Opal 690Q computerised sewing machine sits at the top of the Opal range of machines. The 690Q is able to adjust thread tension, foot pressure and more automatically thanks to an array of sensors helping you to sew difficult fabrics using tricky techniques with ease. There's also hundreds of stitches which are customisable and can be saved to the machines memory via the touch screen. Great for dressmaking, quilting and home dec.
- Touch Screen display 64 x 48mm (3 inch) with stylus.
- Exclusive Sensor System technology automatically and continuously senses and adjusts as you sew any thickness of fabric for perfect even feeding.
- Exclusive Sewing Advisor feature optimizes your sewing with automatic settings.
- Electronic Self-Adjusting Thread Tension sets the best tension automatically for all your sewing techniques and fabrics.
- 565 Stitches in total including stitches, letters, characters etc.
- 208 utility and decorative stitches up to 7 mm stitch width.
- My Stitches Menu - save 240 stitches to 12 memories.
- 4 programmable fonts.
- 7 buttonholes styles.
- Automatic stitch tapering.
- Pictogram feature.
- Mirror stitches end-to-end or side-to-side.
- Adjust stitch length and width.
- Exclusive sensor one-step buttonhole foot.
- Sew-on button program.
- Fix function.
- Stop function.
- 8" (200 mm) sewing surface and long arm makes it easy to sew large projects.
- Bobbin Thread Sensor - the machine stops sewing and alerts you when the bobbin thread is about to run out.
- Automatic thread cutter cuts the top and bobbin thread automatically.
- Start / Stop Button - begin and stop sewing without the use of the foot control.
- LED lights reduce shadows while sewing.
- 29 needle positions.
- 10 snap-on presser feet included.
- Needle stop function - decide if the needle stops in the up or down position.
- Twin needle safety and stitch width safety.
- 5 speed electronic speed control.
- Instant and permanent reverse sewing.
- Built-in needle threader.
- Bobbin winds from the needle.
- Strong electronic needle piercing power.
- Slide-on accessory tray.
- 2 built-in spool pins.
- 3 integrated thread cutters.
- Hard Cover.
What's in the Box?
- Husqvarna Viking Opal 690Q sewing machine
- User manual
- Electronic foot controller
- 2 x utility feet
- Buttonhole foot
- Blind Hem foot
- Zipper foot
- Edging foot
- Sensor one-step buttonhole foot
- Glide sole
- Quilter's 1/4 inch piecing foot
- Clear open toe foot
- Embroidery / darning foot
- Seam ripper
- 2 x felt pad
- Multi-purpose tool / button reed
- 5 x bobbins
- Edge / quilting guide
- Spool caps x 3 (large, medium and small)
- Hard case
When you buy the Husqvarna Viking Opal 690Q sewing machine from Sew Essential, you are covered by our comprehensive 2 year warranty.
In the unlikely event your sewing machine develops a fault, we will arrange for collection, repair and re-delivery of your machine for the duration of the warranty period. Please click here for full details of our comprehensive sewing machine warranty.
Need More Information?
Our friendly expert team love talking sewing machines and are here to give you complete confidence in your purchase. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us on 01283 210422.
Why Not Visit Us for a Demonstration?
We also love nothing more than demonstrating our machines - why not pop into our East Midlands showroom and try before you buy? Please call 01283 210422 to book an appointment.
Related FilesHusqvarna Opal 690Q Manual (10.71 MB) Husqvarna Opal 690Q Features (215.69 KB) Husqvarna Opal Range Comparison (176.34 KB) Husqvarna Opal 690Q Stitch Overview (2.81 MB)
|Model Number||Opal 690Q|
|Sewing Machine Type||Computerised|
|Number of Stitch Options||208|
|Number of Alphabets||4|
|Programmable Stitch Combinations||Yes|
|Maximum Stitch Width||7mm|
|Stitch Length Control||Yes|
|Stitch Width Control||Yes|
|Bobbin Type||Top Loading Bobbin|
|Tension Control||Automatic Tension|
|Number of Buttonholes||7|
|Thread Cutter Type||Electronic Thread Cutter|
|Twin Needle Capability||Yes|
|Drop Feed Dog Capability||Yes|
|Reverse Sewing Button||Yes|
|Slide Speed Control||Yes|
|Needle Up / Down Control||Yes|
|Start / Stop Button||Yes|
|Lock Stitch Feature||Yes|
|Adjustable Foot Pressure||Yes|
|Extension Table Included||No|
|Cover Type||Hard Case|
|Included Accessories||User manual
Electronic foot controller
2 x utility feet
Blind hem foot
Sensor one-step buttonhole foot
Quilter's 1/4 inch piecing foot
Clear open toe foot
Embroidery / darning foot
2 x felt pad
Multi-purpose tool / button reed
5 x bobbins
Edge / quilting guide
Spool caps x 3 (large, medium and small)
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- So many easy, time saving features - I love it
Irena demonstrated this machine (and some other) to me, which was brilliant and I'd recommend it if you can get to Swadlincote. I have to admit to being a little frightened of all the new fangled features because I'd had my previous sewing machine for 32 years and knew it like the back of my hand.
I’m so glad that I chose a machine with a thread cutter, and that, in conjunction with the foot lifting and lowering automatically is just fantastic. I often stand up and start to walk off with my work while it is still busy cutting and lifting!
The computerised features are great and I make massive use of the adviser - you tell it what sort of fabric you are using and what you want to do e.g. seam, overlock etc – the machine tells me what to do (needle size, foot, stitch length) – rather than me having to fiddle with a load of settings. I feel very spoilt.
It even tells you when the bobbin is about to run out. Which is great because it always seems to go when you are top stitching doesn't it?
I haven't done any quilting yet, but I have made some bags and the longer arm is great. I also purchased the extension table and that makes things even easier.
I gave my mum a demo and she said - I'm surprised you don't just tell it to make a bag and it does!
Well, I can tell it to sew my name, fix the stitch and then cut the thread... and it does!
- From the Dark Ages and into the Light
Moving up from a Singer treadle machine (straight stitch only and no adjustments possible), I was amazed at the range of options in modern equipment. I had done extensive research and settled on 3 machines to give a hands on try to. Sew Essential set each machine up for me to compare and contrast and after conducting my own trials, it was obvious to me which would suit my needs and thought processes. Not at all hurried or pressurised and hydrated with tea, it was a rewarding experience, culminating in a confident purchase.
4 days later and 70% of the way through a big quilting project, my confidence is growing and my productivity, huge. My treadlers ankle has improved and the headaches have stopped (I used a Led Lenser head torch to illuminate my work).
So great machine, great company and great sales team. Thanks Irena.
- Superb Sewing Machine
Glad the shop lady helped with this model selection when I phoned, a brilliant machine that does all you could want from a sewing machine. Makes sewing easier with so many features and very useful touch screen. Thank you for great service and help.
- Love it.
I know I made the right choice of machine. Loving it. It does everything thing I need it to do apart from cleaning up afterwards.