Janome Air Thread 2000D Professional Overlocker
Includes free 12 spools of Madeira overlocker thread worth over £40
The Janome Air Thread 2000D Professional overlocker takes the headache out of threading. Both the upper and lower loopers are threaded using an innovative air blast system, which literally blows the looper threads into position simply by pulling a lever. A handy double needle threader takes care of threading both the left and right needles.
Once you've followed the simple threading procedure, you can get to grips with a wide range of features and stitches.
Features and Benefits
- Easily thread both the upper and lower loopers with one-push air blast system. Insert thread into the specially designed ports and your thread is transported to where it needs to be with an easy push of a lever.
- 8-Piece Feed Dog System - with feed dogs in eight positions, the AT2000D will easily feed your fabric, be it a light knit or a heavy denim.
- Built-in One-step Converter - simply place your finger under the converter and flip it into position to change from a 3-thread to a 2-thread.
- Easy threading of both the right and left position needles using the built-in needle threader.
- The stitch length adjustment and differential feed adjustment have been integrated into 1 dual function dial. Change your stitch length any time (even while sewing) for stitches between 1mm to 5mm.
- The differential feed prevents fabrics from puckering, lets you adjust the stretchiness of our stitching as you sew. Adjustable from 0.5mm to 2mm.
- Easily make adjustments to cutting width, access the upper knife release knob and switch to rolled hemming in one easy slide of the stitch finger lever.
- Overlock larger projects with the wide flat work space. The sewing bed is 120mm wide in front of the needle, 140mm wide behind the needle and 245mm deep.
- With improved slide-and-go thread guides, quickly and easily lay the thread in place. The slide-and-go thread guides take the guess work out of threading the upper tension discs – preventing errors in threading the machine correctly.
- Easy rolled hem conversion with no plate change.
- Easily adjust the foot pressure to accommodate sewing on a variety of fabrics, or to accommodate optional accessory feet.
- Maximum sewing speed 1,300 stitches per minute.
- LED light.
- Weight 7.9kg.
Janome Air Thread 2000D Stitches
- 4 thread overlock safety stitch - the stitch employs both needles and stretches without breaking. It is excellent for sewing knit and loose fitting woven garments.
- 3 thread overlock standard - popular for garment construction on medium to heavyweight fabric. Generally used as an edge finish on single layers of fabric.
- 3 thread overlock narrow - commonly used for garment construction and lingerie with light to medium weight fabrics.
- 2 thread overcast - the needle and lower looper threads form an edge finish that is lightweight and flat. Often used as an open seam edge on lightweight fabrics.
- 3 thread rolled hem - excellent for hemming on medium to lightweight single layer fabrics, on scarves, napkins and ruffles. It can also be used to create decorative pintucks.
- 2 thread rolled hem - since there are only 2 threads, the result is lighter and finer than the 3 thread version. This is suitable for fabrics like chiffon and also used for bridal veil edging.
- Picot edge - hem finish with a slightly scalloped appearance, used to hem sheers and lightweight delicate fabrics. Works well on chiffon, georgette and fine knits.
- Lettuce leaf edge - 3 thread rolled hem using the differential feed. A popular decorative wavy edging on stretch fabric. Can be used for more dramatic curves if used with a nylon cord. The differential feed controls the speed of fabric which can be used to either create more wave or to ease stretch and puckers.
- Flatlock 3 and 2 thread - 3 thread is perfect for joining fleece and knit fabrics. Can also be used as a decorative accent with heavier threads to resemble the top cover stitch seen on sportswear. 2 thread is ideal for joining lace to silk on lingerie. The reverse side looks like a ladder stitch.
What's in the Box?
- Janome Air Thread 2000D Professional overlocker
- Foot controller
- Instruction manual
- Instructional DVD
- Waste chip box
- Upper knife
- Looper threading wire (Looper threader)
- 2 x screwdrivers (small and large)
- Double-ended spanner
- Needle set
- Spool nets x 4
- Spool holders x 4
- Large spool holder caps x 4
- Lint brush
- Needle holder / spreader pin
- Accessory box
- Soft cover
When you buy the Janome Air Thread 2000D Professional overlocker from Sew Essential, you are covered by our comprehensive 2 year warranty.
In the unlikely event your overlocker develops a fault, we will arrange for collection, repair and re-delivery of your machine for the duration of the warranty period. Please click here for full details of our comprehensive sewing machine warranty.
Need More Information?
Our friendly expert team love talking overlockers and are here to give you complete confidence in your purchase. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us on 01283 210422.
Why Not Visit Us for a Demonstration?
We also love nothing more than demonstrating our machines - why not pop into our East Midlands showroom and try before you buy? Please call 01283 210422 to book an appointment.
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.Returns
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.