The Palmer/Pletsch Complete Guide to Fitting Book - Sew clothes for all body shapes. Learn to fit any fashion pattern.
This new edition encompasses all of the features of the previous book "FIT FOR REAL PEOPLE" but has been updated to include modern techniques.
A must for anyone that wants to perfect fitting issues.
Learn all aspects of pattern fitting to achieve a custom fit ony any pattern from any company.
Key Features include :
- Take just one measurement for either tops or skirts to determine the correct pattern size. Find out how to adapt if you are between sizes or a different size top and bottom.
- Learn from examples of "Real People" with a variety of body shapes.
- Make a sloper with a close fitting dress pattern to check how your figure differs from standard patterns.
- See how age can affect body shape from pre-teen to octogenarian and acquire the skills to adjust patterns accordingly.
- Learn basic skills for altering patterns to add interesting features and design elements.
- Details of the latest sewing techniques for garment details that can affect fit, such as darts, zips and sleeves, for enhancing a well fitted garment.
- Full colour photography and step-by-step instructions in the form of a new style technical art that is extremely clear.
- Learn the art of tissue fitting.
- Understanding ease.
- Choosing the correct size pattern.
- Basic Sewing Techniques.
|No of Pages||256|
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- A must have book if you want well fitting garments.
It’s fantastic. Very well laid out, with excellent explanations. There are so many amazing tips too. I doubt if I will tissue fit, as I think it would be very difficult to do on your own. However the book is just as useful if you make toiles or fabric fit.