Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 85 Embroidery Machine
The Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 85 sewing and embroidery machine will inspire you to settle into your favorite nook and create the next chapter of your sewing story. With many industry-leading features, you’ll be captivated by its advanced technology.
Features and Benefits
- Wifi Access - Connect to mySewnet apps, update your machine, wirelessly transfer designs between devices, and more.
- mySewnet Library - Have access to a full, continuously growing library of high quality embroidery designs directly on screen. Subscription is required after 3 month free trial expires.
- mySewnet Software - With the complimentary software you can customize designs on your computer: Flip, Rotate, Combine, Change color, ColorSort and more. For more creative features consider the first and only subscription based mySewnet software services.
- mySewnet Cloud - Get a free mySewnet Cloud account to use free apps, transfer designs, and more.
- mySewnet Blog - Enjoy a live feed directly on your screen of news, free projects, and free designs.
- Free Apps Available: Use MySewMonitor to receive notifications from your machine or assist with design placement, QuickDesign will allow you to create designs from your tablet or smartphone and the JoyOS ADVISOR app is like having your machine with you anywhere you go.
Large 8 Inch Colour Touch Screen
Easy to navigate through various screens using multi-touch gestures.
- Drag and drop on screen, zoom, rotate, pinch, swipe and spread, just like on any tablet or smartphone.
- Large (8 inch, 177 x 99mm) full-color capacitive touch screen.
- High resolution (1024 x 600).
- Smart toolbox for easy editing; one touch access to the most used tools.
- User-friendly interface with everything at your fingertips.
- Interactive tutorials - Learn how to sew collars, hems, exclusive stitch techniques, insert zippers, stich out beautiful embroidery designs and more.
- Sewing Instructions - Sewing and embroidery projects with step-by-step instructions needed built-in.
- Step-by-Step Workbook - Learn the amazing features of the machine like Design Positioning, Design Shaping and more.
- Easy Access User's Guide - Get access to the full User's Guide directly on the machine with the easy access icon. Use the search function to effortlessly find the topics you want to learn more about.
- Stabilizer Guide - The perfect tool when choosing the correct stabilizer for your project.
- Quick Start Guide - Learn how to set up your machine for sewing or embroidery so you can start stitching sooner.
- Accessory Guide - Full set-up and instructions for some of our more advanced accessories.
deLuxe Stitch System
Less effort spent on machine adjustments with high quality results regardless of fabric and thread type. Perfect for metallic or other specialty threads. Gorgeous stitch results on both sides of the fabric.
- Thread Portioning - Feeds the optimum amount of thread for each stitch, no matter what thread type or fabric thickness, when sewing or embroidering.
- Thread Portioning or Thread Tension - The machine will automatically select Thread Portioning or Thread Tension for specific techniques/accessories to achieve the best result.
EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM
Automatically and continuously senses and adjusts to any thickness of fabric for perfect, even feeding as you sew.
Sensor Foot Lift
- Presser foot lowers and raises automatically for every sewing technique.
- Four positions: down, pivot, up and extra lift.
- Automatically lowers feed teeth on extra lift for maximum space to slide thick fabrics and quilts under the foot easily.
Sensor Foot Pivot
- Automatic pivot position with needle down for instant pivoting, easy appliqué and quilting.
- Your hands are free to guide the fabric.
Sensor Foot Pressure
- The presser foot continuously senses the thickness of the fabric and automatically adjusts the presser foot pressure, for even feeding on all fabric types.
Extensive Selection of Built-in Stitches
Customize any project with exclusive patented stitch techniques giving your project dimensional elements that are effortless and irresistable.
- 680 stitches, up to 54mm wide.
- Exclusive stitch techniques.
- Pop-up stitches
- Sequin stitches
- Appliqué stitches
- Yarn stitches
- Theme stitches
- 5 sewing font styles, with both upper and lower case letters, for easy programming.
Large Sewing Surface
- Sew large quilts, home decor projects and garments easily.
- Long free arm for ease of sewing.
- Large work area, nearly 10” (250mm).
Generous Embroidery Area
Let your creativity grow even larger and embroider with the market's largest embroidery area using the optional 14”x13 ¾” (360x350mm) Designer Majestic Hoop (shown below).
Three embroidery hoops included:
- Designer Royal Hoop 360 x 200mm
- Designer Crown Hoop 260 x 200mm
- Designer Splendid Square Hoop 120 x 120mm
Several optional hoops available for special techniques like endless embroideries, quilting, textured embroideries and much more.
Over 620 Embroidery Designs
Endless opportunities to be creative.
- Over 620 embroidery designs, incorporating 30 specialty techniques.
- Categories for easy selection.
- 8 embroidery fonts, each in different sizes, from 10 to 80mm.
Electronic Needle Piercing Power
Stitch through heavy fabrics or several layers without hesitation.
- Pulsating force gives superior results when sewing through heavy/dense fabrics or multiple layers.
- Maximum needle force 94 NWT.
Place and match your embroideries with this feature for stitch point accuracy. Use the Design Placement feature in the mySewMonitor App to see your hooped project onscreen. When used in combination with the Design Positioning function exact design locations are even easier to achieve.
Embroidery Design Customizing
Modify your embroideries right on the screen.
- Combine multiple designs
- Rotate, mirror image, scale, resize, move
- Color edit
- Group and ungroup designs
- Change stitch out order
- Color block sort
- Color block merge
Create unlimited new embroideries using almost any stitch and/or embroidery. Choose your shape and adjust your selected designs or stitches along this shape line.
Create appliques right on the screen of your machine, no extra software required.
- Choose from built-in shapes such as: heart, flower, letters and more.
- Finish your appliqué with different stitch options.
Use basting to secure the fabric without hooping. Choose between baste around design or baste around hoop area.
If you lose power or need to stop embroidering/sewing, all adjustments and current stitch position are automatically saved. You can also choose to manually Smart Save at any time.
Welcome to Embroidery Stitch-Out
Check and adjust the embroidery settings before entering Embroidery Stitch-Out.
Embroider Buttonholes and Decorative Stitches
Expand your creativity by combining the built-in stitches for endless design opportunities. You can also taper in the hoop to create mitered corners and beautiful angled effects using select decorative stitches.
Automatic Jump Stitch Trim
Eliminate trimming time as you create beautiful embroideries.
- Jump stitches are cut automatically and thread tails are pulled to the back.
- Automatic thread cutter cuts only the top thread at each color change.
Complimentary Computer Software Windows and Mac
Access the complimentary embroidery software at mysewnet to enhance the use of your Designer Sapphire 85 sewing and embroidery machine. Adding the following features:
- mySewnet Cloud Communication Module - Allows you to connect the machine to your computer software through Wi-Fi.
- mySewnet Software - Use the first and only cloud based software service to edit designs on your computer.
- Windows® Explorer/macOS® Finder Plug-in - View designs as thumbnail images, read different embroidery file formats, and more.
- QuickFont - Create numerous embroidery fonts for your machine using any TrueType font on your computer.
- Multitasking - Work on your next embroidery while the current one is being stitched out.
Interchangeable Dual Feed Included
No matter what type of fabric, it has never been easier to keep your fabrics in place while sewing.
- The Interchangeable Dual Feed Foot with changeable presser feet is designed to feed layers of fabric and/or batting evenly.
- It is perfect for quilting, sewing velvet, stretch fabrics, leather and fabrics that need precise pattern matching.
All your necessary functions at your command with the touch of a button or program them for your needs.
- Needle Up/Down
- Automatic Thread Cutter
Perfectly Balanced Buttonholes
The Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot automatically sews perfect one-step buttonholes every time.
- Sews both sides of the buttonhole in the same direction for evenly balanced buttonholes.
- 15 buttonhole styles and 2 eyelets designed for various sewing applications.
Straight Stitch Plate and Sensor
The perfect help for straight stitch sewing with many special accessories and for best results when embroidering.
- Attach the Straight Stitch Plate and the machine sensor alerts you if you select any stitch other than a center position straight stitch.
29 Needle Positions
Sew a straight stitch in 29 different needle positions for ideally placed topstitching, edge stitching, under stitching, stitching-in-the-ditch or quilting.
3 Free-Motion Settings
Choose the one most convenient for you.
- Free-motion Spring Action
- Free-motion Floating
- Free-motion Ruler Foot
Free-Motion Sewing with Decorative Stitches
Make any project unique by using almost all decorative stitches in free-motion mode.
Possible to change complete stitch position for any stitch with less than 7mm stitch width.
Automatically sets the ideal feed balance when stitching forwards and backwards, so your decorative stitching looks stunning every time.
Tapering on Decorative Stitches
Taper at the beginning and/or at the end of select decorative stitches. Change the angle of taper for creative opportunities.
LED Lighted Workspace
Designed to give even light across the entire work area.
- Created using LED technology, light guides provide excellent lighting on your work area.
- See fabric and stitches in true color and with less shadows.
Embroider up to 1000 stitches per minute and sew 1050 stitches per minute to finish your projects in no time.
Top and Bobbin Thread Sensors
Receive an alert when your bobbin thread is low, enabling you to find a convenient time to change your bobbin. Thread sensors alert you when your bobbin is low or needle thread breaks.
USB port allows you to transfer designs and update your machine.
- For your convenience, the Designer Sapphire 85 machine also reads the most popular design formats via a USB embroidery stick.
Bobbin Winding Through the Needle
For timesaving and convenient bobbin winding.
Separate Bobbin Winding Motor
A separate bobbin winding motor allows you to wind a new bobbin without stopping your sewing or embroidering.
Inch/Cm Ruler on Base Plate
Convenient measuring right there on your Designer Sapphire 85 sewing and embroidery machine.
- Ruler 16 inch (41cm)
- Button ruler
Protective dust free storage for your machine.
What's in the Box?
- Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 85 embroidery machine
- User manual
- Electronic foot controller
- Designer Splendid Square Hoop 120 x 120mm
- Designer Crown Hoop 260 x 200mm
- Designer Royal Hoop 360 x 200mm
- Interchangeable Dual Feed Foot
- Utility Foot
- Decorative Stitch Foot
- Buttonhole Foot
- Blindhem Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Non-Stick Glide Foot
- Edging Foot
- Piecing Foot
- Embroidery/Darning Foot
- Side Motion Foot
- Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot
- Sensor Q Foot
- Straight stitch needle plate
- Hard cover
- 2 x thread nets
- Seam ripper
- 11 x bobbins
- Edge / Quilting guides
- Multipurpose tool / button reed
- Hoop clips
- Small spool cap
- Medium spool cap
- 2 x large spool cap
- 2 x felt pads
When you buy the Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 85 embroidery machine from Sew Essential, you are covered by our comprehensive 5 year warranty.
In the unlikely event your sewing machine develops a fault, we will arrange for collection, repair and re-delivery of your machine for the duration of the warranty period. Please click here for full details of our comprehensive sewing machine warranty.
Need More Information?
Our friendly expert team love talking sewing machines and are here to give you complete confidence in your purchase. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us on 01283 210422.
Why Not Visit Us for a Demonstration?
We also love nothing more than demonstrating our machines - why not pop into our East Midlands showroom and try before you buy? Please call 01283 210422 to book an appointment.
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.Returns
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.