Inspira Coverstitch Binder 620143096
The Three Fold 3/8"(10mm) binder will turn a light weight knitted fabric strip into a binding and attach it to the project edges all in one step.
To bind edges with 3/8" (10mm) Coverstitch Binder, cut a 1 1/8" (28mm) wide strip of light weight knit fabric, such as light weight jersey or interlock.
- Pfaff Coverlock 3.0
- Pfaff Coverlock 4.0
- Husqvarna Huskylock S21
- Husqvarna Huskylock S25
- Singer 14T970
What's in the box?
- 10mm (3/8") Binder
- Presser foot
- Mounting plate and screws
- Thumb screws and washers
Instructions for use
- Set the machine for coverstitch narrow. Adjust the stitch length to 3.5. Snap on the Binder Foot. Place the attachment plate on the machine. Center the two screws in the opening and screw the attachment plate in place.
- Place the binder on the attachment plate and adjust the binder to line up as shown. Attach the binder in place with the two thumb screws and washers.
- Measure the length of your project and add at least 4" (10cm). Cut enough 1 1/8" (28mm) strips to equal that number, cutting in the direction with the greatest amount of stretch. Cut the end of the strip into a point. Note: For fabric with crosswise stretch only, cut binding strips 1/8" (3mm) wider.
- Place the fabric strip in the metal guide as illustrated. Slide the fabric strip into the binder with the wrong side facing you using tweezers.
- When the fabric is through the end of the binder, hold the folded strip with your left hand and continue to feed it into the binder as shown.
- Raise the presser foot and pull the strip under the foot and straight back 1-2" (2-3cm) behind the needle. Lower the presser foot and turn the handweel to make a few stitches to secure the stitching in the fabric.
- Slide the fabric to be bound right side up into the slot of the binder, using tweezers if necessary. Sew a few stitches to see if the coverstitch is in desired position. To change the stitch position, loosen the thumb screws and move the binder right or left to reach the desired needle position. Test sew a sample before sewing your project. Tip! Increase the stitch length up to 4.0 if you have heavier fabric or when crossing a seam.
Viewing items on the basket page shows the delivery charge. UK orders will usually be dispatched within 3 working days. For further information please see the delivery section of the website.Returns
We are happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition. Exclusions apply to selected products such as cut fabrics. For further information, instructions on how to return products and information on Sew Essentials refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.